Select your seat – print tickets at home
(Fees incurred upon purchase)
accessible for wheelchair users (Reservation on +41 79 408 37 61)
Advance booking locations
Thun-Thunersee Tourismus, Seestrasse 2
BLS Reisezentrum, Genfergasse 11
Chop Records, Amthausgasse 22
OLMO Ticket Zeughaussgasse 14
on 0900 325 325 (CHF 1.19/min. from landline)
Students CHF 20
Children up to 12 free
The box office opens one hour before the concert begins (only cash payments). Pre-reserved tickets can likewise be collected one hour before the concert (only cash payments).
30 min. before the concert begins
The seats in Klösterli are numbered.
Schloss Oberhofen (Oberhofen Castle)
Schloss 1, 3653 Oberhofen
Klösterliweg 9, 3653 Oberhofen
Haus der Musik (House of Music)
Staatsstrasse 20, 3653 Oberhofen
Seestrasse 90, 3654 Gunten
Klösterli, Haus der Musik (House of Music) and Oberhofen Castle are three minutes' walk away from Oberhofen multistorey car park (signposted).
As a GAIA concert-goer you can park exclusively on the top level of the car park in Oberhofen on Saturday and Sunday for CHF 2.
mit dem ÖV
Thun railway station
> Oberhofen Wichterheer
> Thun railway station
Duration of the journey in both directions: 17 mins.
Schloss Oberhofen (Oberhofen Castle)
Oberhofen Castle was constructed around 1200 by the heiress Ita von Oberhofen and her husband Walter von Eschenbach, and remained in the possession of their family for more than a century. In 1306 Walter’s great-grandson, Walter IV von Eschenbach, had to relinquish his possessions to Austria under pressure from King Albrecht I von Habsburg.
After the battle of Sempach (1386), Bernese troops occupied Oberhofen and soon the castle as well as the regency fell to the prominent house of the Scharnachthal, then to other Bernese patrician families. From 1652 to 1798 the castle served as residence of a Bernese Landvogt (governor) before it came into private hands in 1801.
The Duke of Pourtalès from the house of Neuenburg-Preussen commissioned considerable modifications in the middle of the 19th century. In 1940 William Maul Measy, a US lawyer, established a foundation called Stiftung Schloss Oberhofen, and in 1954 a branch of the Historical Museum of Berne moved into the castle. On 1 January 2009, the foundation took on the care and preservation of the entire castle and its grounds, continuing to make them accessible to the public.
Oberhofen Castle, situated within an English landscape garden, is beautifully set alongside the eastern border of Lake Thun with the panorama of the Stockhorn mountain range as a backdrop.
The castle accommodates an extensive exhibition on Bernese living culture of the 16th to 19th centuries. The Sommersaal (Summer Hall) impresses with its elegance, the Burgkapelle (Castle Chapel) contains mediaeval mural paintings, the Seetürmchen (Lake Tower) tempts visitors to linger, and the Turkish Rauchsalon (smoking salon) offers a spectacular view of the park, Lake Thun and the Alps.
All in all, this jewel on the lake of Thun is the perfect backdrop for intimate concerts filled with wonderful music.
The Klösterli Oberhofen is one of the most important historical constructions in the Gemeinde Oberhofen (borough of Oberhofen). Arising from the ruins of a pre-Reformation wine house and a small castle built in 1626/27, the building presents as a well-established and harmonious edifice. It originally served the needs of the wine house and was the residence of the abbey mayor, who took care of the vineyards belonging to the bailiwick of Interlaken. The title of the official is a reminder that the Oberhofen vineyards were once the property of the Interlaken cloisters. Today the building belongs to the parish of the Reformed Church.
The concert hall is in the attic, and its stage and gallery offer room for 230 persons. The seats are numbered. The entrance for props and stage equipment is located at the side of the building, and with an additional ramp can be made to accommodate wheelchairs.
House of Music – Kurt Matter Foundation
For decades, the Osthaus in the Wichterheergut Oberhofen at the entrance to the village was in severe disrepair. The canton of Bern gave the building to the Kurt Matter Foundation, which has now remodelled the building as a museum and meeting place.
Over the course of thirty years, Kurt Matter collected and had restored some 300 mechanical musical instruments. He donated the greater part of his collection as well as his fortune to the public foundation. The musical instruments can be admired on three floors of the Osthaus.
Kurt Matter Stiftung
Founder and Artistic Director
President of the Association
Logistics / Stage management
Staff / Volunteers
Jean Marc Gillieron